How long is life of mattress?admin
How long is life of mattress?
It’s difficult to miscalculate the value of a supportive comfy mattress. You will spend roughly one-third of your time in bed, and a good mattress can mean the difference between sound sleep and restless tossing and turning. Even the best mattress degrades over time. The important question here is how long is life of mattress?
This short guide will inform about life expectancy of mattresses. We’ll advise you on when to replace your mattress and examine the average lifespan of mattresses in various categories.
Expected life of Mattress
The average mattress lasts 7 to 10 years. However, there are numerous factors that play important role in mattress’s lifespan.
- The build quality of the mattress
- Materials used,
- Their weight
- Sleeping styles of the sleepers
All these factors play important role in the long life of a mattress.
Mattress doesn’t have an expiry date. It depends upon individual to decide the time to change a mattress. We often become so accustomed to our mattress that we do not notice any problem. Even though mattresses can be expensive, it is absolutely necessary to replace them on a regular basis.
Factors Influencing Mattress Lifespan
- Manufacture material of mattress have a significant impact on its long life.
- Latex and high-density polyfoam offer a lasting long life.
- Low-density polyfoam wears out much faster.
- Cheap mattress wear out quicker than a expensive hybrid mattress
- Expensive mattresses have a better quality construction, and last longer
- Latex mattresses tend to last the longest
- Lower-density foam mattresses wear out quickly
- Innerspring beds generally have the shortest expected lifespan
Sleep Position & Body Weight
- Heavier sleepers find their mattresses getting damaged fast
- Side-sleepers can excessive sag mattress around the shoulders
Know when to Replace your Mattress
It is simple; just ask these simple questions to yourself.
- Do you still sleeping comfortably on your mattress?
- Do you sleep well at hotels and when you visit your family?
- Is your mattress unsupportive?
- Does your body aches?
- Does your partner shifts from one side to other through the night trying to get comfy?
- Can you sense your spouse’s actions at night on mattress more than you used to?
- Do you feel any allergies or asthma symptoms?
- How many years have passed since you bought your mattress?
If “yes” is the answer to one or more questions, it’s time to replace your mattress. If you’re still sleeping well and your mattress appears to be in good condition, you might be able to get a few more years out of it.
It’s a good idea to check the warranty details for your current mattress before you go shopping for a new one. If the problem with your mattress is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, you may be able to have it repaired or replaced. If the mattress is no longer covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, it’s time to start looking for a new one. In general, buying a mattress online will be the most cost-effective option, though there are advantages to purchasing a bed in a mattress store as well.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]